Revision as of 14:38, 7 May 2009 by Lperez
- These are 1mm A and B array observations of the disk around a young FU Orionis-type pre-main sequence star.
- Separation between source (PP13S) and calibrator (3c111) is 1.9 degrees.
- The accuracy of the SZA baselines does not affect our PACS calibration, since phase calibrator and atmospheric calibrator correspond to the same quasar (3c111).
- The maps presented below are the result of considering only paired baselines, i.e. only 8 antennas where used for the before and after maps. Also, the Jan 20 dataset was the one having problems with the SZA pointing being off by ~9 arcmin, and for this day only I used the antenna based correction, since solving for antenna based gains increases the signal-to-noise of the SZA data by sqrt(8). This method gave a pretty good result, but not as good as the results from the Jan18 dataset. Unfortunately, it might be hard to disentangle which factor is responsible for this difference, it could actually be weather or as I suspect the SZA pointing problem.
- A+B array maps, with all data combined into a single map (left) and maps for each track shown separately to the right (The idea of this figure is to show that PACS worked every time we tried). Some more details about the figure:
* On all figures, contours start at 5-sigma, where sigma is the noise level in the maps (1-2mJy typically). * For the combined A+B array map, contours increase by an additive factor of 10 (i.e. 5, 15, 25, 35 sigma, etc..etc..etc..). * For the A array maps, contours increase by an additive factor of 5 (i.e. 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 sigma, etc..etc..etc..). * For the B array maps, contours increase by an additive factor of 10 (i.e. 5, 15, 25, 35 sigma, etc..etc..etc..). * Before and after plots have the same range in grayscale, so the increase in flux is real.
- Radial profile plot of all A+B array data combined, along Declination axis of the map.
- Phase RMS plot of science target (NOT YET AVAILABLE).
- Phase vs uv-distance plot of phase calibrator 3C111.
- Phase RMS vs uv-distance plot of phase calibrator 3C111.
- Coherence vs uv-distance plot of phase calibrator 3C111.