If you want to install Miriad on your laptop, this is what we will likely support:
- linux (centos, fedora, suse, ubuntu etc.) on IA32 or IA64
- Powerbook Mac (PPC laptop) - 10.3 perhaps, and 10.4
- MacBook (Intel laptop) - 10.4
Although reports on some success under cygwin have been reported, we will not have the resources to fix any Windows related problems if you plan to use cygwin.
You will need to have pre-installed on your laptop:
- a C and Fortran compiler (gcc, g77 preferably, though gfortran or even g95 are known to work). If not for development, possibly for shared libraries.
- X11 and X11SDK (or the relevant -devel packages in linux).
- optionally some development tools, like cvs
Please send Peter the output of the following commands:
which gcc gcc -v which g77 g77 -v uname -a ls /usr/include/X11
If g77 does not exist, try gfortran or g95, or even f77.