There is of course an official Miriad web page though we also maintain more timely notes in this Wiki tree:
Obtaining and Installing Miriad
- Look at these Requirements to see if your computer is suitable for MIRIAD, then pick a method to install:
- sanity tests you should run after miriad has been installed
- example carma data you can try your scripts out on
- helpful non-miriad tools you can optionally install
- installation problems
Several projects related to MIRIAD are underway that experts ought to know about. Here we list them, not all have been documented in much detail yet.
- PACS: some MIRIAD upgrade notes around PACS. Here is a drPACS teaser. But the N1333 project uses a clone of drPACS Scripts called MIS.
- python based scripts (e.g. hemosi)
- ruby based scripts - ATA
- hkmiriad: writing your program in C
- NEMOinMIRIAD Using NEMO in MIRIAD
- firstname.lastname@example.org: a mailing list for users of MIRIAD
- miriad-users (majordomo) mailing list for users [not very active]
- miriad-dev mailing list for developers
For some programs just the program documentation is not sufficient, here we assemble some tips and shortcuts
- mirds9 : viewing images with ds9
- velplotc : making position-velocity slices
- tvflag : flagging visibility data (the 8bit display problem)
- performance : tips to improve MIRIAD performance
- Miriad Future a list of things we like to change/add to Miriad
- CARMA bugzilla, which also contains miriad (you will need to create an account).This is where you should file bugs. The is a list of known MIRIAD issues.
- Miriad Benchmarks might help you decide what to buy
- Miriad Meeting 28 October 2010 in Berkeley.
- CARMA, SMA, ATA and ATNF
- Tony Wong's weblog (link seems to be dead now)
- Miriad Party - pre-summerschool (feb 2007 at OVRO)
- CARMA Summer Schools: School2007, School2008, School2009, School2010, School2011
- CARMA Cookbook and MIRIAD/CARMA data issues
- carma data reduction links contain some user contributed recipes
- CASA support (formerly AIPS++).
- CVS for CARMA/BIMA