Welcome to the collaborative wiki of EDGE (Extragalactic Database for Galaxy Evolution) and CALIFA surveys. All of the secure access is now on our EDGE twiki
- Dec, 2014 : E-array CARMA observations are complete (177 galaxies).
- April 3, 2015: D-array CARMA observations are complete (125 galaxies).
- April 9, 2015: First face-to-face meeting at Maryland.
- May 11, 2015: The 2nd version (v2) of CO data cubes are released, which uses a smoothed mask based on the original cubes (v1) as a deconvolution region.
- Jul 15, 2015: telecon: MOU signed, all EDGE data nearly reduced
- 2015, May 12: Preparing the MoU for EDGE and CALIFA collaborations.
- 2015, May 19: Discussing the cross-correlation results to refine the CALIFA astrometry. Comparing flux of v2 vs v1 data cubes: v2 recovers slightly more flux than v1. For survey publication, we only need the total flux from moment-0 maps, while for comparison with archival data, we need to convolve it with the beam of single dish telescope.
- 2015, May 26: MoU is under review by CALIFA board members. Considering velocity range as parameter to make moment-0 mask. Discussing depletion time vs metallicity plot. The metallicity is calculated from emission lines maps using prescriptions by Kewley & Dopita (2002). So far, no correlation with metallicity was seen. The depletion time looks constant with a value of ~ 1 Gyr.
Outcomes from April 2015 meeting at Maryland:
- Survey paper, science result will be analysis of t_dep vs. Z, maybe multi-parameter relations (Alberto)
- Study of 12CO/13CO ratios (Yixian/Tony) 8-12M
- T_dep in centers (Dyas/Leo) 12M
- Why do not all galaxies have CO? (Leo)
- Dispersion in KS Law (Lucas/Helmut/Glenn) 12M
- NGC7738 "EDGE test concept" observations (Lucas/Helmut) 6-8M
- Comparison of CO/Ha point-by-point velocities (Glenn)
- T_dep vs. t_dyn (Erik) 6-8M
- Quantitative CO structure: radial parameters, asymmetries, Gini, flocculent, arms etc (Stuart) 12M
- CO concentrations in centers and links with bar (Karin)
- Kinematic misalignments (Glenn)
- SFE today vs. SFH/Moster Law (Erik)
- Fraction of "diffuse" CO gas (Eve/Adam)
- AGN feeding in EDGE (Stuart/Richard)
- Flux recovery for interferometer (Yixian/Tony)
- T_dep vs. BPT: somebody should try the plot to see if this is interesting
- "ISM predictor" for ISM mass subtraction: longer term
- Contacts in CALIFA for specialized data products: SFHs, Sigma_stars, etc (Glenn)
- Low/high ionization velocity fields from Gandalf fitting/Ha only velocities (Glenn)
- Galaxy parameters from surface photometry fitting: PA, incl, etc (Glenn)
- Improving CLEANing and masking with rotation curves/Ha velocity fields (Tony/Alberto/Stuart/Peter)
- Mm-continuum images using full passband for EDGE need to be created (Tony)
- Calibrated unWISE data (Karin)
- E array only data: mostly non-detections, but it'd be useful to have the limits/do stacking (Tony)
- Single dish CO 1-0 measurements to assess flux recovery (Helmut)
- Integrated CO luminosities with errors (?)
- Metallicity of gas: need to look at CALIFA strong line results, produce for a few calibrations (?)
- CO rotation curves (Peter/Alberto/Tony)
- Über-database on 1" pixels for cross-correlations (Adam/Erik)
- Alberto's EDGE home page
- A local copy of all (615 GB) EDGE data is on fornax:/fornax6/EDGE (copied April 10, 2015)
- July2015 meeting notes
- Tony's EDGE page
- The new (soon to be) secure twiki for EDGE/Califa
- The now deprecated twiki for EDGE and CALIFA
- We have a mailing list on Google Groups, where you can also subscribe
- Pictures: April 2015 meeting and May 2017 meeting