we need a logo for these wiki pages!
Kartik (March 5 2007): On my Power PC G5 Desktop, I downloaded the tar ball for ppc and everything worked fine until I came to the stupid smauvspec program. It died unelegantly with a "Segmentation Fault". Solution seems to be as follows at least for my machine (running 10.4 but a PPC chip):
- sudo gcc_select 3.0
- cd $MIR
- cvs update
- mir.install subs
- cd $MIR/bin/localsys
- vi compile.darwin
- Add "-lcc_dynamic" on the line setenv Flinklib after systemstubs as follows:
* setenv Flinklib "-lmir -llinpack -lpgplot -lX11 -lSystemStubs -lcc_dynamic -lm"
- mir.prog smauvspec
I am sure many of the steps here are redundant so Peter - please correct me if I am wrong.
There are tooooo many miriad links:
- BIMA the official BIMA/miriad web page
- MIRIAD V4: peter's miriad development page
- ATNF miriad page. They have the best and most recent Users Guide, and also use the new autoconf based install. They use RCS inhouse however, disconnected from the CVS based.
- SMA miriad page.
- Three mailing lists: ATNF, SMA, CARMA
- A bugzilla database that also keeps a Miriad module